This is the only west facing harbor on the Northeast coast of England and was constructed in the 18th century. The harbor eventually silted up and largely abandoned. It was dredge and re-built in the mid-20th century.
In the reconstruction anti-tank blocks were used to build some of the walls.
Post-Medieval (1540 - 1901)
The earliest date of the feature, as a year, if known
The latest date of the feature, as a year, if known