Limekiln complex east of the harbour, Beadnell, Seahouses|Three post medieval lime kilns are visible as structures on air photographs. The features are still extant on the latest 1999 Ordnance Survey vertical photography. Well-preserved group of three circular lime kilns located at the north end of Beadnell Bay. They consist of one original central kiln of 1798 with two later additions. Built of random coursed sandstone masonry with limited coursing, standing over 9m high. they are divided at ground level by tunnel-vaulted passages, and have a single circular pot each. Two kilns have three segmental draw arches whilst the North-West kiln has an additional arch. Other features include a harbour to the South-West for the export of lime by sea to Scottish markets, and the remains of a charging ramp to the rear. The quarry supplying the kiln is 700m to the North.
Post-Medieval (1540 - 1901)
Late 18th C
The earliest date of the feature, as a year, if known
The latest date of the feature, as a year, if known